Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th Workout

Calories Burned: 219
Time Spent: 60 minutes

Skipped the workout Wednesday through Sunday due to oral surgery. So I've used up 6 of my 65 free days this year. My Fit Bank changed colour again during this workout and it's now back to a shiny metal.

Workout:
  • Advance Flying
  • 10 minute Free Run: ran the whole time
  • 30 minute Free Bike Ride
  • Advance Step
  • Rhythm Parade
  • Rhythm Kung Fu
  • Hula Hoop
  • Balance Bubble
  • Snowball Fight
  • Ski Slalom (x2)
Total Calories Burned: 263

5 comments:

  1. My friend J was telling me about the hula hoop. Picture the two of us at the big Og bartending and she demonstrates the hula hoop and how they have you catch balls. I was laughing so hard. I wonder what the guests thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I just started with my own Wii Fit. Today is day 2. I am surprised how much fun I am having... perhaps this will stick with me?

    I'm thinking of doing the same, and creating a blog to record my progress. I need to be accountable, and thought... hey, if I write it down maybe I'll keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying reading this blog. I am considering getting the Wii fit. The only thing that is stopping me is that I am not much of a competitor and don't enjoy video games so much. But I have just heard so many good things about it.

    I have a question for you...Is there a lot of stopping and starting? Or can you workout for a long time? That is probably the only other thing that is stopping me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noelle-

    We borrowed one for two weeks from a friend before our inlaws gave us ours as a present so we knew we liked it (in other words, we liked it, so when the inlaws asked us what we wanted, we told them our own Wii). That helped a lot. Because I hate to waste money and have clutter and I'm not into video games. I have to admit that the twins have games on the Wii now and I won't play them with them. I just find them semi-boring and really confusing.

    There is and isn't a lot of stopping and starting. Some of the games last for a long time. Like my run is 20 minutes long (and you can set it for 10, 20, or 30 minutes). My bike ride is 30 minutes. But some are very quick. But once you've played for a day or two, you can enter this other menu which just bookmarks your favourites. So now I have a menu of just the ones I usually do and I use that to run through my workout. It means there can be a 30-second pause or so between games.

    You can set the yoga and strength training games to run one after the other as long as you want. But you can't do that, for some reason, with the aerobic games. At least, not as far as I've been able to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mel, JD set up the Wii Fit for me today. I love it! I did the Basic and Advanced Step, and Basic Run and Hula Hoop. I also tried some strength moves and some balance stuff. I suck at the Penguin thing and the Flying game. I never landed on the first thing. :)

    How do you determine what you are going to do for your workout? Do you have something preset or just go for whatever you like?

    ReplyDelete